Centurion Dental Studio is a family practice which aims to give patients the optimum treatment for all ages.
Our dental hygiene program is aimed at each specific patient and their needs.
We want to help you get and maintain good oral hygiene.
Good oral hygiene results in a mouth that looks and smells healthy. Thus meaning that your teeth are clean and free of debris and your gums are pink and do not hurt or bleed when you brush or floss them.
Our standard program offers treatment such as:
- Scaling and polishing the teeth. (removes the hard deposits, calculus (tartar), and the soft deposits, biofilm (plaque), from above and below the gum line to help prevent periodontitis and gingivitis.
- Oral hygiene instructions (help you learn good oral hygiene techniques and can help point out areas of your mouth that may require extra attention during brushing and flossing.
- Fluoride treatments (Fluoride helps with prevention of tooth decay and helps with sensitivity, and can remineralise areas of enamel demineralization)
- Fluoride varnish treatment for sensitive teeth.
- Fissure sealants to prevent tooth decay.
Recent studies have shown that the bacteria found in plaque are also found in the arteries and can contribute to heart disease and other diseases.